We're hosting some of the coolest local makers in our barn and on our lawn, Saturday, October 15th from 11am - 4pm, for our first annual Makers Mart! The St. John Family Band will be delighting us with live music, while the makers exhibits will be open from 11 - 4pm.
Get to know some of these fab, creative peeps then come meet them live and in person, in charming downtown Roanoke. Supporting small, local artisans is one of the things we love to do most. Join us, won't you?
* BK Handcrafted Design Artist, picker, hoarder and mad scientist, Bob Kiel makes custom furniture, sculpture and artwork created from reclaimed, re-purposed and found objects. LEARN MORE
* Hedgehog Press Artist Julie Wall creates cork and wooden coasters, small embroideries as well as greeting cards and art prints on her vintage printing presses. LEARN MORE
* Bored Otter Soaps These lovely and fragrant artisan soaps and candles are handmade by Joe and Lee Hildenbrand MacSorley in Hoagland, using natural ingredients like Shea Butter and essential oils. LEARN MORE
* Ron Ostlund Custom Design Artisan and designer Ron Ostlund, Jr. dreams up unique, one of a kind pieces for body and home with a cool, industrial vibe. LEARN MORE
* Andie's Pearls Andie Landrigan combines pearls and leather to create gorgeous, feminine jewelry. LEARN MORE
* Gilley Flower Baby Danielle Woodward makes handmade baby bibs, burp cloths and baby blankets using soft, colorful, stylish fabrics. LEARN MORE
* Hetty J Handmade Hetty J hand paints wooden signs, key and leash hooks, chalkboards and adorable family and classroom birthday calendars. LEARN MORE
* Heartell Press Rachel Kroh creates beautiful letterpress, wood block greeting cards, card sets, art prints and mahogany card holders. LEARN MORE
* FoxSea Skin Inspired by her love of Cape Cod, Jennifer Dodds Fox crafts organic and natural skincare for healthy, glowing skin. LEARN MORE
* Kelly Pottery Designs Kelly Roth infuses a love of carving designs into functional pottery, creating delightful one of a kind pieces. LEARN MORE
* Dave Stinson Handmade Pens Dave Stinson handcrafts gorgeous ball point pens made from different woods, corn cobs, deer antlers and acrylics, as well as small bowls and salt and pepper shakers, letter openers and bottle stoppers. There's no web address for us to share with you which means, you'll just have to come to #thenoke to check out these functional pieces of art as well as all of the great indie merch by these fab local artists and artisans.